‘Sup ma fellow travelers? Greetings from Bombay. I’m Huzefa, a cube dwelling architect whose singular goal in life is to see the world and absorb everything that her countries have to offer. Yes, I am a self-proclaimed traveler and a self-confessed foodie. I enjoy documenting my travels through my three lenses. And since this page is ‘about me,’ let’s get to know a little more of me.
I will do anything to travel. There are a total of 195 countries in the world. I’ve explored seven of them, I’ve traveled to one and I’ve had a layover in three countries. If my math is not as bad as it was in the 4th grade, I have 187 countries left to explore. My bucket-list amongst several other things includes – soaking with macaques in the hot springs of Yudanaka; making my way through the Jordanian mountains to the forgotten city of Petra; digging for copper in the Atacama desert; drinking coconut milk on the beaches of Jambiani; following the Incas to Machu Pichu; snorkeling in the emerald waters of Perhentian Besar; wait a minute ….. let’s strike the last one out. So much to do, so li’ll time. Anthony Bourdain inspires me. P.S. – I have traveled to 178 cities though
I love food. It does not show on me, but I really love to eat. I will (try to) eat anything atleast once. Pork is taboo. But I (conveniently) permit myself to try everything else. So I’ve tried alligator, silk-worms, ant eggs, escargot, bull’s testicles, frog, durian and fresh baby octopus thus far and I must say I devoured all of them except durian. I don’t think I’ll be able to emulate Andrew Zimmern – yet. I’m not all that twisted though. If you wanna be in my good books, you can treat me to Dal Baati, Paella or the Fresh Catch of the Day. Also, I thank God for Shrimp. I love you – Shrimp.
- Tourist is a swear word in my dictionary.
- My Bluelist Moment – I was ten inches away from Nemo in the clear waters of Perhentian Besar; he saw Dori in me
- My Blueshit Moment – I was ten feet away from a Grizzly in Denali; he preferred salmon over me as his fresh catch of the day.
- My BlueWTF Moment – I was within striking distance of two waterspouts while driving over the Lake Ponchartrain Causeway; thank Heavens they were waterspouts and not twisters.
- Spanish speaking nations pronounce my name as ‘Josefa’ (Ho-Say-Fa). Unfortunately, it is the female equivalent of ‘Jose.’
- When I travel, I become a local. Puerto Ricans greeted me as one of them; Indonesians thought I was from Surabaya; Malays asked me if I was from Borneo; for Mexicans, I was from Merida; dunno about the Greeks – will find out soon!
To sum it up, the intent of my presence on the web is to visit destinations, both run-of-the-mill and off-the-beaten-path; and to bring to you stories of my travels and photography from parts of the world seldom seen. Pretty darn redundant – innit? Well, I’ll try to make it as interesting as possible. The English will be twisted and my writing skills will send chills down your spine. I’ll spice it up with some swear words. I’ll try to support my travels with relevant photographs shot by me and not downloaded from the internet. I will ensure all information is genuine and not influenced by the third party syndrome (whatever that is). OMG – is this beginning to sound like a swearing in ceremony for the minister of state? If it is, then methinks me should get to the point.
This blog is not just about the travels of a wannabe wanderlust; it’s about those life-changing experiences when he lets his mind and his heart follow his TWO ITCHY FEET.